Re: [RC] braids - Elizabeth Walker

That depends on the mane.  My old horse Shadow had a moderately thick mane, and a texture that made it easy to latch on to.  And yes - grabbing mane saved me a time or two.

Caisson on the other hand, has a somewhat thin mane, and the texture seems more "slippery" to me (even without the Cowboy Magic).  When I first got him, and was getting used to the way he hopped over rocks, I tried grabbing mane a few times - and came up empty.  Very disconcerting.  :)