[RC] entry fees revisited-FOOD for thought - Rick Jackson

I was thinking back to the highly debated string of posts regarding the equitibilty of ride entry fees. In particular should the LDs pay the same, more, or less than the higher distances should/do? My line of reasoning brings me to setting up a sliding scale based on weight divisions... the heavyweights in theory would eat more than the featherweights at the banquet and vet checks and thus should pay more. Of course you could compensate for the long riders who dont make it back in time for the banquet. Also the LDers that pack up and go home right away could also get a discount unless they are the ones I see getting a plate for the road trip home. Might want to incorperate a pre and post weigh in for all riders and charge accordingly? That would cover the anomolous  eaters like myself who at a dripping wet 155 can put away more than my share of groceries and then ask "what's for dessert?". Then there is my horse that will eat ALL the hay and carrots at the first vet check if I let him. On second thought maybe the fees are best left alone for now.... I can see how this might cost me more in the long run.

Rick
As for me and my horse, we shall serve the Lord. Gallopin' 2:4