Re: [RC] Treeless? - a.hoins

Hi Jessica,

Again, I recommend the treeless list. I researched it for
over a year, read the posts and talked to different people
on the list. I only demoed the Sensation as I knew it was
what I was looking for, so I don't have experience with
any of the other styles of treeless saddles. There are a
couple of gals on the list who are dealers and very
knowledgeable about fitting issues, Karren Jordan comes to
mind.

Others might chime in about riding in a treeless saddle
and how it feels. Originally I felt the "slidely"
sensation as you say. Breast collar and crupper
are highly recommended with treeless. My girl does
well with just the breast collar as the Skito dry back pad
keeps the saddle in place, plus Pen has enough withers. I
bought a really nice crupper from Gail Hought, but have
not had to use it. One of these days I'm going to work
with Penny so she is ok with a crupper under her tail,
though she's not fond of the idea.

By the way, I don't notice the "slidely" sensation anymore
when riding. I realized this when a friend sat on Penny
with the Sensation and immediately
commented about it feeling like the saddle would slip.
Still ride my other horse in a regular tree dressage
saddle without noticing a difference.

Ann
SW PA