Re: [RC] [RC] Bringing up baby E-horses . . . - Marirose Six

  I'm an avid reader, so I know I can get tons of info by reading, but that being said, there are so many different methods of training, it can get a bit nebulous.  I prefer to keep it simple and effective.

Carrie Kitley

Howdy Carrie,
        I've raised & trained many. I suggest you do read as much as you can & then use what works for your horse, on that horse. It will most likely be a combo of the methods you read about. Each horse/mule is an individual, with their own personality, way of learning, etc. To say, "I'm going to use Joe Blow's method on this horse" may not work as well as maybe, " Joe Blow's ground work seems to work for this horse, but Jane Doe's method for saddling works better than Joe's while Tooty Fruity's method of first few rides is the way this horse will learn to understand the best."
So, simple & effective is really up to your horse. If it's not simple, try a different method & another & another until it IS easy & effective.
Most important---have fun with it. Seek help when/if it is needed.

--
Marirose

Yeeeeeee Hawwwww