[RC] New thread: What have I learned from my horses? - Beth Leggieri

Darcy touched on this in an earlier reply to the mean people thing . . . what she has learned from her horses.

Just recently I have been thinking about the subconscious life lessons learned from my four-legged children, reflecting on their effects in my professional life.

Here's one:  Standing firm and resolute, not yielding to the emotion of the moment, yields a calm and productive environment in which others better function.  (Someone has to be herd boss!  The self-contained ones waste little energy in containing and directing the herd.  It seems to help to study the weaknesses and strengths of the herd members.)

Looking forward to hearing some profound thoughts from you guys!

Beth

*****
Beth Leggieri
Denton, TX

"Slow down. The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail. Travel too fast
and you miss all you are traveling for."

(Ride the Dark Trail by Louis L'Amour)