Re: [RC] wide behind - heidi larson

I'll try not to make this a "me too" post, however, when I was looking for a
horse 7 years ago, I looked at a lovely CMK arab gelding that travelled very
close in the rear, I had to pass him up, and like Jonni, I had a prior horse
that travelled close in the rear and had to wear something to protect him from
himself, when he got a little tired, he got worse.  Boots/protection leads to a
whole set of problems IMO and if they can be avoided, why not?

My current horse I also saw as an unbroke 5 year old and when he trotted off
wide, it was pretty much a "sold" right there on the spot.  (Other things too,
but this was the clincher!)  Ash travels very wide in the rear, slightly pigeon
toed in front, wide chest, big bone and hocks well under him, he's a great hill
horse and I think I made the right decision 7 years ago!

.      o o          o o
    o_ \ \____   o_ \_\
       o  o    o-- /
                 / \