[RC] Vermont 100 award ceremony - Greenall

Thanks to ride sponsors, we were able to give out some wonderful awards today as well as give every volunteer at T-shirt. ?The 100 mile riders received a buckle which follows the tradition of the sport. ?All Top Ten riders in the three rides received baskets of Vermont made products donated to the ride by local companies. ?The 100 had a 68% completion rate, the 75 - 80% and the 50's - 87%. ?During the ride award ceremony, the runners held their countdown for the last runner in at 30 hours. ?A 71 year old man crossed the line with 11 seconds to spare to the roar of both the runners and riders. ?Sharing the trail with the runners is truly a most remarkable experience, one which any rider who does this ride can hardly put into words. ?If anyone doing the ride felt tired, all they had to do was look over at the runners!!! ?And they think we are remarkable to have ridden 100 miles! ?

Sue Greenall
www.vermontel.com/~greenall

?