[RC] Beta Blockers - Nik Isahak Abdullah

Linda , you name it"BB" can do it !There are long  acting types that given just  daily orally a couple of days could " damp" the heart rate response thru out the ride , there is the short acting intravenous type  that that work as soon the word ABRADACABRA .But when tested and it is easily tested , you will stand out like a sore thumb .But in your AERC rides , correct me if I am wrong ,and most rides around the world  ,where testing is not done since cost is an issue , I believe this way of doping could be more rampant every where ..This in essence is the real 'designer' drug in endurance as you can design when you want to present your horse to the vet  .It is not performance enhancing per se but cutting 10 to 15 minutes of your ride time from your fellow competitors  give one much greater aid than 'big muscles ' as in anabolics . Cost ? A couple of cents per tablet off the nearest druggist or pharmacy .!

For the 'anabolics ' ,even though my gut feeling is that it's effect on performance enhancing to distance event may not be substantive ,I tend to agree with Truman that usage is rampant .The only way to check this is thru random check in between event in ranked individuals , perhaps  .

 All this could make our sport more expensive .Honesty is the best policy but we do not as yet have a simple 'barometer' for this virtue .jmho

Blog it to your Space with Live Writer! Windows Live Writer