[RC] Foaming at the mouth - jamie ward

Yesterday our 4-H club rode at the arena. One of the horses a 17 yr old Arab/TWH was foaming at the mouth allot! My friend said when they got her out of the pasture she had green foam and figured it was from the grass. She seemed fine other then that didn't act sick or anything, the other horses they brought didn't have a problem with foam (neither did ours and they are kept at the same place). She is at the bottom of the herd and gets chased away from her food allot(maybe eating a bad weed?), my husband and I feed their horses they get 20 lbs per horse of a high quality 40/60 alfalfa/grass mix. All horses are vaccinated. o ya were in southern OR
Any ideas appreciated
Jamie

http://jamers1220.tripod.com/  for info and ride story's .

When I can't ride any more, I shall still keep horses as long as I can hobble about with a bucket and wheelbarrow. When I can't hobble, I shall roll my wheelchair out to the fence of the field where my horse's graze, and watch them. - Monica Dickens