Re: [RC] Dubai Times - Truman Prevatt

I don't think anyone did imply the horse was on drugs. I was simply responding to Niki's post on drugs and athletics. In realty today in top level athletics drugs are a fact of life. Look at MLB, Tour de France, etc. Marion Jones had to give back all her metals she won over the last 5 years plus prize money. She denied it for years but in the end she had to admit to using drugs.

Today, the unfortunate fact of life is extraordinary performances raise questions. A random drug testing program would answer a lot of questions.

Truman

Richard Sacks wrote:
Truman, I am the one who raised the issue of the doping question by bringing up the issue of our baseball scandal. However, in no way did I mean to imply that the UAE is doping their horses. I simply wanted to point out that their training methods are incredible. No matter what you think of the format of the race, whether it meets your idea of what endurance is all about or what the motives are of the UAE with regard to endurance, it is an amazing accomplishment to ride 100 miles in under 6.5 hours. For both horse and rider.

--

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil