[RC] Revocation of Certificates of Competency (loosing your CoC) - John Teeter

On Jan 14, 2008, at 9:51 AM, <Leonard.Liesens@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Concerning Coc and monitoring of metabolic pulls... So if I read well the regulation, one rider that get two consecutive metabolic pulls is definetly out of the game for a qualification for the WEC2008. In other words, if any rider who pulled for metabolic in this Dubai ride for example pulls once again in the coming weeks, this rider is out of consideration.

Leonard(www.endurance-belgium.com)

I THINK it must be on the same horse. i.e. the CoC is a Horse/Rider combination thing. So a rider being pulled for metabolic reasons on a different horse would not result in the CoC being revoked.?

The stipulation is 2 consecutive metabolic pulls (well who in their right mind would even risk that by entering their CoC'd horse in another FEI ride after having achieved the 2 rides to get the CoC - it just ain't going to happen UNLESS the National Federation is requiring continued competitions of the horse/rider pair to be evaluated for selection to the team...

the other reason that a CoC can be revoked is if invasive treatment is required after either completion or elimination. It seems that re-hydration is not considered to be cause for loss of CoC, and that the vet committee can approve any treatment and thus avoid this area of concern entirely.

But, the general consensus seems to be that we will see lots of rider/trainer withdrawals, lots more?lameness'?and a minimization of metabolic.

All this without any way to find out who even has achieved their CoCs making them qualified for the upcoming world championship. It could be a small field this year.

jt