[RC] 205 and 305 users I need info!:-) Help! - Chrystal Woodhouse

O.k. so I thought I had it all narrowed down to getting a 205 or 305 garmin gps as I really want a wristwatch style gps, I am really tired of my old one swinging around the front of my saddle and anytime I want to check our speed etc.. I have to grab it, unclip it and try to read the little numbers  through the fuzzy plastic cover ( & of course I often want to check my speed going mach 2 on my horse which  doesn't make the whole endeavor any easier! :-))  So received $ for Christmas from my darling sister for my " wristwatch horse thingy" ( her words not mine ;-)))) and am all set to order one when my hubby says that  it won't get me out of a forest!
 So for  who (whom?) ever uses them, if you were in a forest would it get you out??? I don't want anything fancy I want to be able to "mark" where my truck/trailer is parked, ride in a  strange forest and when I want to go home I want the gps to be able to show me where the truck is relative to our present location ( does that make sense?? I am pretty sure there is a gps term, maybe marking waypoints??, I dont' need a breadcrumb trail, I just want the thing to say "look, over there SE is your truck .)
O.k. and I would like to issue a warning that I am not one of those engineer type people who seem to proliferate RC and endurance riding, you know the type, like Kat who could probably make a bomb out of a paper clip!!!!  :-) So don't  give me any technical answers, just whether the freaking 205/305 can get me out of a forest or if it really is just to rate speed/distance etc....

THANKS!!
Chrystal :-)