[RC] Fwd: human heel pain and endurance - John Teeter

Begin forwarded message:

Several years ago I had bone spurs 1/2 inch long on the middle of each heel. ?These were very painful and I could ride but not hardly walk at all and I happen to be a very active person. ?I also went to podiatrist (spelling?), he offered surgery or cortizon shots, I took the shots, also were very painful. ?The first shots lasted for about 6 months, things were wonderful. ?The next shots lasted a couple of weeks and I said no more painful shots. ?I talked with people who had had the surgery and the spurs came back anyway so I thought why be layed up for nothing. ?This went on for a couple years. ?Then one day I had taken my horses to a equine choiropractor who was also a human choiropractor and a holistic doctor as well. ?He watched me limp along leading my horses and asked what was wrong? ?I told him and he said simply that he could fix the problem. ?At this point I thought why not try so I made appointments to drive 200 miles one way to his office on Tuesday afternoon and have a 15-20 minute ultra sound treatment on each heel. ?Completely painless. ?Then I would stay with him and his wife overnight and have a second treatment Wednesday morning. ?I did this for 6 weeks and the pain was gone completely! ?He told me to loose weight and not to drink carbonated beverages. ?I did not have bone spurs for a couple of years then they came back because I still was over weight and still drank pop. ?This time I went to our local choiropractor, explained what I needed and he agreed to help out. ?Again I went in twice a week for 6 weeks. ?This time it did not seem to work at first but after another couple of weeks,the spurs were gone and have not come back for the last 10 years. ?The carbonation is supposed to cause calcium to sluff off and form spurs.

Hope this helps give you at least another idea.

JMaynard