Re: [RC] Extended Trot - Katrina Mosshammer

> Anyone else have a picture or video of their own horse, to help aid in
> this discussion?  Pictures and videos are fun, and even moreso when
> they are Ridecamp horses.  :-)
>
> -Sharon L. in Maine

I don't really have a pic of what I consider Deke and Perle's extended trot, just a good working trot. http://www.flickr.com/photos/28614601@N04/?saved=1

The closest one to an extended trot is probably Perle at Movin' On Up 2006, but even that is not her fastest. She has a slow trot that is about 7-8 mph, a working trot that is about 9-11 mph, and what I call her road trot that is about 12-14 mph. But she has this "flying trot" (for lack of a better word) that is at least 18 mph. I have only done it on her once. We went out riding at home and when mom and friends looped back to the trailer we did an extra 7 mile loop. When we got back to the trail where they had been she caught their scent and she took off like a rocket. She was trying to break into a gallop but I wasn't that comfortable galloping in her yet so I kept pulling her back into a trot so she would just trot fasterSmile emoticon (all while still sticking her nose to the ground to track the other horses; I just knew she was going to kick herself in the face and we were going to go end-over-end but we didn't.Fingers crossed emoticon) I've  never ridden a trot that fast before and she hasn't done it again since then, but man it was fun.Open-mouthed smile emoticon

Deke has a nice long trot and can stay up with Perle but mom doesn't like it she'd rather kick him up to a lope. It doesn't bother me and I prefer it to his lope.

Katrina Mosshammer - Manager
Mid-Summer Night's Madness
Clayton, Oklahoma
Central Region