Re: [RC] ponying - betndez

This works much better for me too.  Much easier to control the dominant horse from the saddle than when he's being ponied particularly since  in my case the dominant horse is a bigger mover.

Betty

On Fri 07/11/08 01:53:00 PM , "sherman" sherman@xxxxxxxxxxx sent:

I like to pony while riding the dominant horse rather than the submissive one. That way, if there is a skirmish (better not be) I won’t be riding a scared, intimidated horse. I’ve ponied for many, many years so it just seems natural to me, but it does take some practice to keep the horses in position. I find a dominant horse can help me keep the ponied horse in line.

Kathy