[RC] Dr Q and others (re compression fracture) - Sheila_Larsen

Thank you for all your responses, I think I get the hint - Not a trivial
injury and take care of it.   I am sure that some of the muscle soreness is
also due to the fact that I landed in one spot, probably bounced, and ended
up in another spot  :  (     .   I think some of my frustration is that I
want to DO something to make it heal faster and that "DO" is in some
respect not "doing" anything.  As for ducking and running with the
suggestion that I not ride isn't necessary as the one good thing about all
this smoke is while I might subject myself to it, I won't subject my horses
working in  it.  They are out in pasture just doing what they do.  I can do
a little ground work and clicker stuff with them but other than that it is
too smokey.   People ask me if I am frustrated about not riding, ya know, I
am just thankful it isn't worse than it is, that I didn't break my neck or
anything else.  I may not feel that that in another 5 weeks but that 's how
I feel about it right now.  I will just take my boxer for walks, feed the
horses carrots, and hopefully not get to fat and lazy.  If the smoke clears
I can take one of the horses with the boxer when I go for a walk.   We can
just bond LOLOL.

Dr. Q as for that $100, maybe I will just go ahead and buy a raffle ticket
at the Tevis barbeque for the horse raffle.  If I win, I'll send you your
very own  picture of it  (very big <g>)

Horses lend us the wings we lack.  Author Unknown