Re: [RC] Vet Cards - rides2far

>>>  I have lots of ride cards in my scrap books, but I recognize them for what they are worth which is only the paper they are printed on.

I like to look at TIMES. I used to figure out my miles per hour and look for patterns. I had a habit of slacking off the 3rd loop of a 4 loop 50. It was mental. I really hadn't noticed that I picked back up the 4th loop. I have lookedat my card and  noticed for the first time how much time I wasted getting to the vet. If my arrival time is 10 min. before my P&R time and his pulse is 48, that's an area for improvement.

Another thing I've used mine for. Lets say my horse feels vaguely off and a vet told me my horse was grade I at a ride a while back. I go back, look at my card and see which leg he saw it on.

I also get to look at some very good rider's cards when I cover a ride for a magazine. I look at the top 10's cards which management has held for BC judging. I write down the info on the card concentrating on pace and recoveries. CRI's are also an interesting clue. Those cards can tell you a lot, especially when you're comparing horses that are running at close to the same pace on the same day. Whether a horse got "All A's" is not big deal to me, but that is not all that's on there.

Angie

Click here to find great deals on vending machines.