Re: [RC] LD - Elizabeth Walker

Thanks Truman --

This example is wonderful. This whole thread got started because someone (can't remember who) entered a ride in the LD division, and the RM specifically stated that placements weren't being given because LD was "training". IMO, that is just another way of saying LD "isn't real endurance".

Since LD a recognized part of AERC, I have a problem with that kind of position. There are lots of reasons why folks ride LD instead of 50's or 100's, but as long as AERC recognizes and provides for LD, then in my book, it is "real endurance".