[RC] Rider weight vs horse size - sherman

Sonny is 10 yrs old now,  put under saddle at 8 yrs, 14.1H, nicely balanced, I think around 830 pounds (I’ll use the weight tape and report back if much different) and he carries around 173 pounds combined rider and tack weight not only on 50s but also did a 100, all up and down steep mountains. I think “it depends” on each individual horse and rider. I also rarely get off on rides, due to a weak ankle and a damaged muscle in my leg, besides, they are “rides” right (:>)? I did tail up maybe 2 miles total while climbing out of the canyons on the 100 we did.

Kathy