[RC] LDs - Jean Miller

What I have observed over the years is that the poorly conditioned horse does not run the LD fast.  Plus the vet give huge lectures to the rider.  Sometimes the rider listens, sometimes not,  some learn, some not.  On my old mare, we could blast off a 3 hr 25 or less and still get those low pulses in few minutes The Fat Pony is a different story.  Fat she may be, fast she is not.  It took us 4 1/2 hrs to do her first 25.  Best of all, I had a great time riding her!  In another year, I figure she will do better.  I see close to 100% completion for the LDs, not so for the 50s.  Just go and ride and do your own thing.  Jeanie