[RC] LDs - Jean Miller

I just can't believe we are back to the LD 'discussion' again.  Having started this sport in 1970, I have no problem with LD being the way it is.  In fact, I am thrilled to have the miles count for year end awards.  I am thrilled to have LDs along with the 50s and 100s and multiday rides.  I am glad that no points are given for LDs.  I have always figured that this rule helps to keep the yahoos from doing in their horses.  Not always true but it is certainly a big help.  I get plenty of recognition for doing an LD plus I always have the opportunity to eat ice cream while the rest of the 'endurance' riders are still on trail.  If you ever get your horse's pulse taken by that lousy female  eating a pint of Ben and Jerry's you know who it is.  I simply don't find the longer distances 'fun' anymore.  You are supposed to have 'fun', finishing with a sound horse is # 1 and anything above and beyond that is simply icing on the cake.  Jeanie