Re: [RC] [RC] re: LD, 50, 100 - Cindy Collins

As Angie said (I think), there are certainly people that are under-prepared and none of us want to encourage that behavior.  However, if your horse has done a couple of 25 milers with no problems, there is no reason why the horse can't do a 50 miler.  I feel that Heidi was much more eloquent in explaining this than I was.  My first endurance horse did two 25 milers back in 1979.  Those are the last 25 milers I've ever done.  My horses start out on 50s and I have started horses on 100s.  Cindy