From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Patti Stedman
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:21 AM
To: ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Thanks, Dawn, but not my quote ...

<<Patti Stedman said, the hardest part of a 100 is entering...she's right.>>

While I appreciate dearly the notion of being quoted for something other than a social faux pas of some sort (which has been known to happen)  ...

This quote really belongs to Dr. Jim Baldwin.  I just quoted him at some point or another because I thought it was a really insightful comment.

Even though we're building a house this year, and I am almost literally up to my knees in plumbing and lighting fixtures (who knew there were so many choices?), I've got my sights set on the Vermont 100 on July 19th.  A truly magical ride.

I may take the ol' veteran, Ned, who has finished it twice, but am also prepping the younger horse, who is eight, and, even though he's got three solid years of conditioning under his belt, has only completed a handful of 50s.

I think he's ready.

We'll see.

Someone suggested entering him in the 75.  Nah.  Would rather get to 70 miles of the 100 (and learn a bunch about him) than complete the 75 mile distance and think "what if?"

Must confess it is a little easier to fill out an entry form for a 100 including the horse information for two horses;  the hard part will be choosing which one to take.  :-)

--Patti

Patti Ann Stedman, CHMM

Proactive Compliance Services Inc.

"A Common Sense Approach to Health, Safety and Environmental Training and Compliance"

716 560 8297