Re: [RC] Overall milage for horse - Jody Rogers-Buttram

By still keeping it separated, it would still provide an award system that
required more awards.  As it is, we have mileage awards and such for each
division, LD and endurance.  So, if the miles are going to count as "equal" in
the terms of counting them together, then the only fair thing would be to
count the points as "equal".  Thus saving the AERC some money in
providing duplicate awards.  Admit it, the real reason behind keeping them separate,
is because those in the LD division would be totally left out of the year end awards.
How many LD rides does it take to equal one, one day 100?  I bet it is a lot.  Now,
I am certainly not against giving the LD awards.  Fine, but, I am against saying that
all miles are equal.  I think we have just seen that discussion this morning here on
RC, that it is a larger step up to a 100, than do step from LD to 50's.  So, if there really
is such a step, then those miles are earned much harder than to do 4, LD rides to get
to 100 miles.
Jody

Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know - I've gone back and forth on this. Counting all mileage
for say lifetime mileage seems a reasonable thing to do. However,
keeping mileage separate for yearly mileage awards makes sense there are
two divisions as specified in the bylaws.

So I'd vote to lump all mileage together for lifetime miles (rider and
horse) since that's how many AERC miles they have done, but keep all
miles separate for yearly awards.

Truman