[RC] MPG on a F250 Triton V10 and more... - Michael Lewis - sherman

I bought a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel two years ago with the logic that the additional MPG 15 towing/20 not towing, would save much money. Boy was I surprised when I got exactly the same mileage with the Dodge as I did with my old 95 Chevy 1500 (:<( I do prefer to drive the bigger truck though, definitely more stopping power. I pd 23K for it, with 52K miles. I sure would not buy a new one with all the used ones on the market.

Kathy

Might want to check into the price of used diesel pickups. I understand diesels have really taken a hit on resale (my two year old truck won't bring more than $19k trade-in, purchase price was close to $36k--glad I plan to keep it!) You might be able to get into a more suitable truck for towing (i.e., a diesel) at a price not much more than the V-10.

Road towing performance and fuel mileage with the diesel will be much better than with a gasoline engine, which will offset the higher price of diesel fuel.

Just a couple things to consider...

Mike