[RC] tanking up - Jean Miller

I always figured if the water was warm from sitting out, then the horse could drink as much as it wanted.  If the water was cold, then that is a different story.  It also depends on how fast one comes into the vet check.  I usually walk the last half mile in so then the horse can drink what it wants.  I never did quite believe that old story about hot horses drinking water, but then I didn't not believe it either.  So I did what I thought was best for my horse at that particular time.  Just use common sense.  Jeanie