Re: [RC] Descanso Vol 2 & Bar H Ride of Olde !! - Don Huston

Hello Heidi,

What did hubby think of that "black jelly bean tire" you pulled off your truck just before it blew up on the way to Descanso? That was "Almost A Disaster" for you and/or the horses and/or your rig. What a trip we all had.

I'm glad you were using 125bpm. I also don't think 150bpm is too high for a fit horse either but like you, I just use a lower limit as a cushion to possibly help prevent problems. That cushion idea is also why I suggested it might be helpful to let the horse try to reach 60bpm at more stops than just the vet checks. Might allow the rider to recognize a problem and modify the speed soon enough to continue on and finish with a happy horse. Well actually next time I want to finish with a happy horse AND A HAPPY RIDER!

Don Huston