Re: [RC] The JR Blah, blah - Lynelle Robertson

Amen, I just recently (last couple of months) have joined "Ride Camp". This is getting a little petty and I would suggest either get a life or go riding. I am going to at 58 do my first ride on Mt Diablo this month and have spent 1 year watching,listening and trying different suggestions to find what works for both myself and my mare. To me the fun is the journey not where you end up in the standings. I am riding to complete (is that PC enough)LOL. I have already learned so much from this web site and my mentor I feel like a sponge. If I can learn something new from a Jr so be it.

--- On Thu, 6/12/08, Jody Rogers-Buttram <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: Jody Rogers-Buttram <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] The JR Blah, blah
To: "Ride Camp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 9:47 AM

Hello All,

 First off, please don't proof my writing, I live in Alabama and I am sure that it sucks.  :o

I have been reading all this about the jr, and the article, and who should tell who, and how much experience and blah, blah, blah.

I have a jr rider, she is *almost* 14 yrs. old. She started at age 8.  I would bet, that she has more "experience" than most on this list.  Without trying to sound braggy, (sp?) she has over 4000 endurance miles, no LD's.  She has at least ten 100 mile rides, all were one day rides.  She has two OD 100 belt buckles, she has one NC 100 mile championship title.  So, with all that, is she able to write a decent "how to article"?  I doubt it.  BUT, she is young, and she is still learning, like ALL of us.  So, try not to be so nasty about this kid that did do the Tevis.....she is still young, and she is still learning.  And this type of mouthing doesn't help the image of the sport or promote it to other people.  We should just read it as, her experience, and her advise, then do what is best for us.  I understand that people think that it can present badly to total newbies.  But newbies aren't stupid, just inexperienced.  So, don't you think that they may ask someone's opinion about things that appear drastic to them?  Nowadays, people don't live in a shell, and just show up after doing no telling what to prepare and try a 100 miler.  They network, read LOTS, and talk to other riders.

Jody