Re: [RC] More of the Big Brown Story - Truman Prevatt

There are probably 3 things that happened. First the horse that won may
have actually been better that day. He was sired by Tiznow. Tiznow was a
late bloomer and didn't ever run in any of the triple crown races.
However in the summer and fall of his 3 year old year he racked up
stakes win after stakes win and won the Breeder's Cup Classic when he
was 3 and 4. Zito said the winning horse was getting better each time
out. The second thing was this was the first time BB had tired a mile
and 1/2. He ran fine for a mile and 1/4 and was out of gas. Maybe he
doesn't have a mile and 1/2 in him. The third it was 96 degrees at the
track surface. Running further than he had ever run in heat he'd never
run in.

As far as I can see of all the sorry humans associated with this
wonderful horse, Kent D. is the only one with any class. He knew
something was wrong. In every other race when he got up and asked for
speed, BB blew on the after burner. On that day BB didn't have an after
burner. Why - who knows but Kent D. knew that a) he was not going to
catch anyone and if there was something wrong - nothing good would
happen driving BB on.

Truman

a.hoins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
If you watch the replay of the race you see some rough
handling of the colt by Kent D. in the first
quarter. Looks to me that he was real worried about
getting boxed in early and took a gamble
moving to the outside when he did. He was in the irons and
bridle bigtime holding BB up to move him over. Was that
enough to put the colt off and for BB not respond when
Kent D asked him for the gas? Or was it the lack of
steroids...?

Ann Louise

--

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what
we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand