Re: [RC] Big Ride Training - FXLivestock

In a message dated 06/10/2008 8:55:25 AM Pacific Standard Time, tomnoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Please explain the difference between an AERC sanctioned three-day ride and a 155-mile conditioning week?"

The only difference would be if you did NOT ride the AERC ride as a training ride.  Miles are miles.  The difference is the attitude and the approach in which those miles are ridden.

I didn't read the article but my only concern would be the "when" you did the 90 miles before the 100.  Personally for me, three weeks is a little to close.  I would try to space my hardest week before a 100 between 4 and 6 weeks.  I admit I am on the conservative side.  I would want to make sure I had allowed enough recovery time for any minor injuries, bruises, and fatigue/stress to be as minimal as possible for competition.  This said, every horse is an individual and perhaps three weeks is enough time between their "hardest" week and a "big ride".

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648

Kim Fuess
AERC #6648

Vote for your city's best dining and nightlife. City's Best 2008.
(http://citysbest.aol.com?ncid=aolacg00050000000102)