Re: [RC] Big Ride Training - rides2far

">>>Please explain the difference between an AERC sanctioned three-day ride and a 155-mile conditioning week?"
I think all the point we were trying to make is that it is not *required* or even common. All the responses I saw agreed "to each his own" the point we were making was to those who may read it and think "I would *have* to do that in order to do a big 100.

On the electrolytes thing. The "Ask your vet" advice to me doesn't work unless it's an endurance vet. Yesterday I was contacted by a representative of an equine pharmaceutical supply company. She wants to branch out into endurance clientelle and was enthusiastically telling me the brands of electrolytes they carry. We started talking and though she seemed very knowledgable about her product for polo, 3-day eventing, jumpers, etc. she had no clue about the difference in alkaline vs acid etc. I referred her to Karen Chaton's links from the education site and she was amazed. I wouldn't count on a local vet to have a clue which electrolytes my horse should use or how much.

Again, I thought the article was well written and am *not* critisizing the author. For a senior in high school to have finished Tevis and written the article is great. Just wanted to throw a couple of end notes for newbies.

Angie

Enter for Your Chance to WIN*
The TotalBeauty.com Summer Spa Sweepstakes!