Re: [RC] Entries online and saving mailing costs - Mickie Newnam

OAATS used to send out packets every Spring with ride flyers to all the rides.  A few years ago we changed format to send out a small packet -- ride list with contact info, entry form and a little information.  There are also instructions there for anyone who does not have internet or can't print the flyers for whatever reason; they can send a nominal fee (I think about $2) for postage and one will be sent to them, or they can use the contact info on the ride list to ask a specific manager for one.  This way everyone is covered.
The only drawback to this is that without the deadline for flyers to be received for the mailing, some people don't get them to our web master quite as soon as they should, but they are in the minority.  And meanwhile, we save the club a lot of money and save a few trees in the bargain.
Mickie