RE: [RC] Ride entry prices - heidi

Ha, if you want to compare the ability to haul no-frills to a
ride...BRING IT ON! That's the way I *prefer* to do it. :-))

Angie, I'm kinda like you, in that my mom always "over-prepared" and then was
disappointed if the meal didn't fit the schedule.  I rode for years with a
little slide-in camper (thought that was really "up-town" compared to you guys
sleeping in your trucks!) so I had pads on boards crossways across the front of
the camper that made up like a double bed.  Regular Waldorf!  I had a good
cooler in which I brought cold chicken, potato salad, and plenty of milk.
That, along with some breakfast bars or cereal, was plenty for the weekend.
(Oh, sometimes I threw in some sandwich fixin's too...)  I had a one-burner
Coleman stove on which I could heat water--that was good for instant coffee,
tea, or washing my face--whatever I chose to do.  Sometimes I did carry a few
packages of Ramen noodles or some such.  That way I could eat when I wanted, as
much or as little as I wanted, and nobody felt bad about it.

My geriatric "LQ" trailer that I pull now really doesn't have much more in the
way of amenities--fridge doesn't work so is a glorified cupboard.  I do like my
double bed in the front, and now that I'm middle-aged, I really do appreciate
space for a porta-potty.  But about the only added amenities are a heater
(probably more of an issue in my region than in yours <g>) and a two-burner
stove, which I still mostly use for heating water, although I now occasionally
open a can of something to heat up, too.  I still live out of the cooler--and
still tend to bring chicken, potato salad, and milk.

Heidi