RE: [RC] Hay prices - Karen Standefer

I don’t know that I agree with you about price gouging (I don’t believe Rob is ripping us off).  What I agree with is that things are going up exponentially right now.  With the amount of veterinarians per riders that they had last year at this ride, I think they have pretty high expenses per rider.  But, I think maybe it’s time for the ride managers to start cutting out all the fluff.  I’d like to see no meals and no awards (can still have a completion celebration or something and maybe Pot luck like some of the NW rides have) to help keep the costs of the ride as low as possible so that we don’t have to endurance HUGE ride fee increases along with HUGE hay and fuel increases as well.

From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ginger Bill
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:42 PM
To: Karen Standefer; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] Hay prices

Something else about that Hat Creek Ride, Karen. My husband just rides the 10 mile fun ride and they are charging $55 for THAT! I mean, let's get real around here. We will just meet up with friends and horsecamp that weekend and choose another ride later in the season. Like I said, we are close enough that we can ride that country anytime, and do. I'm just sooooooo upset over the price gouging for everything to include our sport. Thank you for agreeing with me.  Ginger