Re: [RC] [RC] What not to say to a newbie - Crysta Turnage

Wonderful topic!  Here are a few of mine:

Getting your horse's MIND ready is at least as important as getting their body ready - maybe even more important.

Finding comfortable undergarments that don't rub and are supportive is the # 1 thing you can do to improve rider comfort.

Just because something works for shorter distances, doesn't mean it will work for longer.  So plan accordingly and have alternatives.  Like I can drink Gatorade with no issues or problems until about 35 miles, and then the barf factor kicks in.  It took me 3 50 mile rides to figure out I couldn't drink Gatorade *during* the ride, but could happily chug it before or after.

--
~ Crysta

"Those of us who finish near the back, make the rest of you look good."