[RC] Hoof boots-which ones? - Rose Studios

I started using Old Macs on my Paso Fino at the end of last summer. I think I've put maybe 200-250 miles on them (we trail ride, not endurance). After my husband pulled them off from our Sunday ride I saw that one had a hole open up in the toe. The tread is also very worn, esp the toes. She was also getting rubbed on her hind heel bulbs (I use them on all four)

So, I am in need of new hoof boots and am trying to learn about all the options out there. I've heard good things about Easy Boot Epics. I talked to EasyCare and they suggested Boas might work well as they have thicker thread that may last longer. What about other brands like HoofWings? Which ones actually stay on in rough terrain and don't rub the heels? Would it be better to go back to metal shoes? Natural Balance shoes, any of you use those?

I'm asking you all as I totally respect endurance riders and figure you really know what works and what doesn't :) We ride anywhere from 15-25 miles per ride, so don't ride as much as endurance riders do.