[RC] Longstreet info - rides2far@xxxxxxxx

Sorry to overdo it on here, but just in case people get to camp before I do
(School's not out yet) here's some info:

Just want everyone to know that "Uncle Jed's grocery, which is 4 miles East of
the the Longstreet ridecamp on 193 said help yourself to the hose behind the
building, no charge. They expect some business out of us and were very
obliging. I warned them it might be 55 gallon drums and she just smiled and
said fine.

If you fill up that much, you ought to buy a biscuit & some ice:-)  . The onion
rings & potato wedges are GREAT. :-)

There is also a faucet at the WMA check station at the base of the mountain
when you're driving to the vet check...so if you want to empty your tank at
camp, you could stop and fill it up again on your way to the vet check.

To get to the check station you turn right out of camp on 193, go 4 miles, turn
right on Chamberlain, go around 3 miles and turn right on Rocky Lane (there's a
big wooden Pigeon Mtn. WMA sign) The check station will be on the left.  To go
to the vet check you would follow that road (Rocky Lane) to the top of the
mountain (good road but hair pin turns..no trailers!) On top stay to the right
at the first intersection, go a mile or so, then at the next turn right and
Sawmill Lake camp is .1 on the left.

If you are riding cavalry...you are still urged to take your own water up. I
don't see any difference in you using your buckets of water or mine (except in
work for me) so as far as the Cavalry designation goes, that's legal. You just
have to carry everything else on your saddle. We will have drinking water for
the cavalry riders. Bill will be camping with the vet check stuff Friday night
to keep it safe.

Lest you think I'm slacking on water...we have 900 gallons of water going to
the top and hope to have good full muck buckets available at lots of key places
on the trail to keep your horse well hydrated.  The vet check has about 3 acres
of LUSH grass and I'm guessing that's what they'll be interested in when you
get there.

Everything's looking good. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Angie
Victim of medical malpractice?  Click here to find an expert lawyer to help
pursue your case.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3oJJRVaUDyzE6SfVXBqdvywbjQ61gLDbedJtZpHmgeucqBnK/?count=1234567890