[RC] Warner Springs Ride- Thanks to Terry & David Howe !!! - Vchorsegal

Hi-
  We did the 50 at Warner Springs on Saturday.  I know we got the most for our entry dollar, as Lynn & I tied for Turtle !  More than half the riders in the 50 bailed out due to the rain ( all day ! )  Actually, it was fairly warm and not real windy, so it wasn't too bad. There was a much lower bailout rate in the 25 miler. The trails were slick in some areas,but mostly the footing was nice. It was cool to cross running water- glad the horses do that well.  I was a bit disappointed in the folks that finished early and didn't think about offering to help the Ride Management, quite frankly. If everyone helped out for an hour then it would have been easier on the volunteers ! Sorry to rag on y'all- just keep it in mind that it takes a lot to put on these rides. This is a fun ride- the hot pool is awesome.  Thanks to Dave & Terry and the whole crew of volunteers.  It does take a villiage !!  - Heidi Helly