[RC] Halter-bridle fitting question - sherman

Do I recall that your pony is a mustang? Good work at getting that weight off. Too bad it wasn’t as easy for us riders (:<(.

The halter bridle noseband should fit more like a halter than a cavesson. I don’t think it makes any difference with the throatlatch, as long as it’s comfortable and secure.

Good job on getting your pony more fit. Do I recall that she is a short mustang? And how old?

Kathy

Betsy wrote:

Dear Pony-Puff has lost about 50 pounds since coming off pasture and going to work most days.

She looks pretty good, and people at the barn have commented on how much more in shape she looks now. She is a cute little critter!

Anyway, my Christmas present finally showed up today-- a biothane halter-bridle. I'm used to an english bridle with a cavesson. Should the cavesson on the halter-bridle fit like my english bridle, or looser like a halter? What about the throatlatch? She goes in a loose- ring snaffle.

Might do a local "fun ride" on an endurance trail in the next few months.

Betsy