[RC] nUTRITION ARTICLE-MODERN ARABIAN - runawaywoman

I recently read an article about nutrition for distance horses written by Jennifer Nice. It stated that Susan Garlinghouse had developed the tool to judge horse body condition score. I was suprised as I thought that scale had been around for a very long time, and I know that Susan is not that old? Also, that an endurance horse should be about a 4-4.5 on the scale. Unless this is a new scale, I was under the impression that a 6-6.5 is a better score for a distance horse. Does anyone have more info about this??
Roxanne Ciccone