Re: [RC] AERC VS FEI Racing - Tom Sites

Barbara,  My respect for Becky came in Rome at the first WEC in 86 when she as the NA Champion and the European Champion got into a head to head and the EC DNF and Becky came in last in the late nite to earn the USA a Team Silver.  I saw all the wins she had and never really knew her but from that moment on i had the utmost respect for Becky Hart and still do to this day.  ts
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] AERC VS FEI Racing

I think that's a great idea, Tom...the team effort concept.  And I agree that it makes a different contest that way.  I remember in an FEI ride in Holland (?) when Becky Hart could not continue to race, so she slowed down and walked (on foot) in order to help her team finish.  I may have the details wrong, but I do remember that this consistently winning rider sacrificing her personal wishes for the needs of her team.  Pretty impressive.  The team concept could easily be used in any AERC ride, based only on the ride manager's plan for the day; or it could become part of the AERC program.

Barbara