[RC] electrolytes, hay and pre-ride feeding - sherman

Just lock them up for the night with the hay, maybe they won’t feel so much like prisoners then. My horses seem to like to spend time in the stall with their hay at night. They don’t eat as much as I’d like them to since also have green pastures still, but at least they eat a few pounds every night. Still had a rough time at our last ride though L

Kathy

After reading everyone's responses, I am going to go ahead and give them some hay the week before the ride.  I will have to lock them up to do it since they will not eat the hay if I just toss it in the pasture.  Now I wish I didn't have a pasture! ;-)

Poor guys, they hate being in jail!  Better that than a twisted gut!

Thanks!

Mel