RE: [RC] [RC] Electrolytes - Mellifluous

I am wondering about people in the Southeast who ride in the high humidity?  I always assumed that horses competing in this climate needed e-lytes at rides?  When I worked as a weekend feeder at a local h/j barn, they kept the horses on powedered e-lytes in their feed through the summer.  I am inexperienced and have always given my horse electrolytes in their feed the week before the ride and will give them paste electrolytes at the ride if they are drinking well.  I am only doing LDs so maybe this is overkill.

I may try doing without at my next ride just to see how it goes.  I am expecting temps in the mid eighties and humidity at a minimum of 70%.

I have so much to learn!!!

Back to work after baby– how do you know when you’re ready?