[RC] Riding with buffalo & antelope! - Naomi Preston

We spent last weekend doing the Antelope Island ride in Utah, managed by M.J. and Dean Jackson, and wanted to share our experience!  It's a great ride to experience western wildlife, especially the buffalo and antelope on the island.  We saw several herds of antelope on the trail; in fact, one group, instead of running away, decided to show off and cross the trail right in front of us, much to our surprise!  At the out vet-check, we had to wait for a group of buffalo to cross the trail while entering the check.  The ride consists mostly of single-track trail traversing the island's shores and mountains.  One of the great features on the trail was the plentiful availability of bunches of native grasses for the horses to eat.  A beautiful mountain ride!  For dinner, M.J. treated us to a baked-potato bar, with all the fixings.  Yum!  Completion awards were our individual pics taken by the photographer, and top ten awards were beautiful hand-thrown pottery bowls made by a local artist.  (the coolest top ten awards I've seen in a long time!)  And Tonya Stroud had a used tack sale for Dave Rabe.  Thanks Dean and MJ, and all your volunteers,  for a beautiful ride!

Naomi Preston