[RC] Anhydrosis - jorudo

I have a friend with a Saddlebred mare who doesn't sweat much, if at all, in comparison to how hard she gets ridden (when she gets ridden.) My friend thinks she's not sweating because she's in such great shape. Because I know the mare doesn't get trail ridden much, mostly arena work, I am concerned about anhydrosis. However, she doesn't seem to show any evidence of stress, or the other indicators of anhydrosis that I've read about. She trots out about a million miles an hour, hard to keep up with.

We haven't gone on all-day rides because my friend has too many horses, and feels guilty about riding one too much, to the exclusion of the others. I'm worried if we ever do go out for an all-dayer, and ride fairly hard, that the mare may crash and burn, and probably in the middle of nowhere.

Has anyone had experiences of this kind? Do some horses just not sweat, but not be anhydrotic? She's at higher elevation, and kept blanketed and stalled in the winter, so has little hair. My friend doesn't seem to know about anhydrosis, and blew me off when I mentioned it. I've never had a horse, even in really good shape, that didn't sweat when it was appropriate to. Sometimes they sweat too much, but that's a different story.