[RC] Tevis and Bears - Steven and Rise Estergreen

Does anyone know of an instance when a black bear harmed a healthy adult horse? I'd be surprised if anyone in this group has firsthand knowledge of such an event. What were the circumstances?

For those who express their own fear of bears as a fear for their horse's safety, the much greater risk is that your panic will feed your horse's and YOU will get dumped on the ground in close proximity to a bear while your horse runs to safety.

Two guys were camping and a bear approached their camp. They climb a tree, and the bear starts up after them. The first one starts to put on his running shoes. The second one says "What are you doing? You can't outrun a bear!" The first one says "I only have to outrun you!"

---- Msg sent via MCC Webmail - http://www.molalla.net/