From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marlene Moss
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 12:17 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] vaccination reaction?

Anna,

I had a horse that we believe had reactions to the flu shot.  We tried Ft. Dodge and Meriol – no difference.  Her reaction was that if she got the injection in the neck, that her neck was stiff and she couldn’t eat off the ground.  If she got the injection in the hip, she could barely walk and was very unsteady.

It would last about 2 days.

I had a vet that was into homeopathics give me something called Thuja.  She got about 10 beads a day for 3 days before and after the injection.  It made a huge difference.  She might have still had a reaction the last year I had her, but I more think she was sore because she was stuck in a stall and my husband didn’t let her out as he was supposed to.

I haven’t heard yet what her new owner dealt with this year, but I did send along the last of the Thuja when I sold her.

Marlene

Marlene Moss

www.LosPinos-CO.com - Boarding, Sales and More

www.KineticEquineAnalysis.com - Saddle Fitting