Re: [RC] Vet question - Beth Walker

I'm not a vet, but if you are dealing with a possibly chronic injury, you might check with your vet about Surpass. ?It is a topical cream that can be used instead of bute in some cases. ?It is primarily for arthritis, but it can also be used as a local anti-inflammatory. ??Check with your vet to see whether it would be appropriate in your situation. ?Oh -- it is more expensive than bute. ?

On Apr 5, 2008, at 3:51 PM, Burnett, Elly wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@www.endurance.net on behalf of Kathy Macki
Sent: Sat 4/5/2008 3:35 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC]?? Vet question

Can you give dexamethizone and bute at the same time?? I am treating my mare for her cough and just noticed that she is quite lame.? I am almost done with the dex treatment.? This is probably going to be a chronic lameness from an injury in September and will require bute daily.? Thanks in advance for any help.

Kathy Macki