Re: [RC] [RC] endurance names - Dawn Carrie

I use the registered names for my two boys, Little Bear TC and Epic Sundance when I enter them in rides.  Their "barn names" are Bear and Sundance.  Or, depending on how they're behaving at any given time, it could be any number of unflattering terms as well, in varying degress of color.  ;)

One funny incident...my 22 yr old gelding, HK Chivas, who is retired from endurance but still loves to get out and fly down the trail, was, um, rather forward at rides.  Ok, so he was basically a runaway for the first 10-15 miles.  <G>  And I was usually cussing like a sailor for most of that.  One ride I was riding with someone and we started talking about our horses and she asked my horse's name...I said Chivas.  She asked what his entire name was...I said HK Chivas.  She looked confused and said, no, you were calling him something else.  I thought about it for a moment and said, oh, you mean "Damnit Chivas?"  She laughed so hard she nearly fell off her horse...she hadn't heard me well enough to realize I'd been cussing him.  <G>

Dawn Carrie, Texas
and Chivas (I like to go fast)
and Sundance (me too)
and Bear (mom said bad words when I dumped her last weekend)

On 4/4/08, Buzzard's Roost <buzzardsroostbbq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oh.  My.  Gosh.  I'm new to this sport.  This is the 1st time I've ever heard of having an "endurance name."  That is so right up my alley.  Do all of you have competition names for your horses?  If so, what are they??