Re: [RC] The Trace and Mud - rides2far

>>I'm a little nervous too. When you get that much rain, small wet weather creeks can turn into the Mississippi River Junior.  Any idea how much of that there might be?

Since they don't have *mountains* to concentrate all the runoff I don't expect their creeks to rise like ours do here. From what I can gleen from the weather channel they've had around 2" of rain already and expet 2 more tomorrow. HOWEVER, everyone I've talked to says it's a very established, heavily used trail with a rock base and they expect it to hold up well. Maybe slick, but not boggy. The camp seems to be a bigger concern. My primary concern is keeping my horse sound and I wouldn't be too worried at all if he was a horse who'd done some rides already. Just wish he had everything stacked in his favor on his first. I had been concerned about heat and him not being clipped and not accepting any sponging yet..so at least that's improved. Looks like upper 50's and cloudy. Can't beat that with a wooly horse.

Angie